Thursday, August 27, 2009

sew-n-tell!

Amy - Park City Girl and I had a little blog comment/email exhange earlier this week.  It went a little something like this:
amy: (in a blog post)  I haven't been on the sewing machine lately...I need to get some things done.
amy:  I need to get motivated too - let's have a sew-n-tell on Friday!
amy:  great!  I need some accountability.
amy:  me too!  I have some stuff cut out I need to get done.  okay - sew-n-tell Friday -  post by noon. 
----a day later ----
amy: what if we do a Mr. Linky thing too?

(I know, 2 amy's is confusing.  But I promise I wasn't talking to myself!!)

SO,  I got 3 bags cut out, and a curtain started, but because of some other things getting in the way, this pillow (which wasn't on my to-do list until I bought the fabric on Wednesday) was the only thing I got done.
I picked up the bolt as soon as I saw it.  Isn't it pretty!?  I'm in the process of giving all my pillows makeovers.  Right now they are too matchy-matchy.   I have a tutorial planned for next week on my super easy, no hand-sewing, anyone-can-make-this-in-less-than-an-hour pillow.  Really, anyone.

Do you have something you'd like to share for sew-n-tell today?  I realize this is what our blogs consist of all the time, but if you have something you completed this week - link up!  We'd love to come visit and see what you are up to.  (In case I'm not already blurking around your url...)  Maybe we can make this a more regular feature, to help keep us motivated in the finishing department!

Just sign up in the Mr. Linky box below and link back here in your post.  Just remember, please link to a specific post and not just your blog.

ie:  not www.amylouwho.com  but www.amylouwho.com/2009/08/sew-n-tell.htm  is great!  (this is called a permalink - I'm learning all sorts of useful things today!)

In short:
1. sign up in Mr. Linky with a permalink
2. share a post from THIS week of a COMPLETED project
3. link back to this post so everyone can join in!
4. enjoy getting motivated and inspired by what everyone else is doing!

25 crafty mcCrafters commented:

Mary said...

Are you sure even I could do it? It really looks gorgeous, dahling!

Susan said...

What a pretty pillow! Great job, Amy! I like pillows but my husband seems to regard them as the enemy. If he has to sit on a sofa with pillows, no matter whose home we're in, he snatches them and stacks them on the floor, much to my mortification. If he DOES deign to use one, he murders it by squishing it sideways or some other way, he can't just use one as they're designed. Men. Hmmmmph.

Other Amy- wow, you were really busy! That's a great bag, cute skirt and fabulous blocks! How pretty they are!

I made a sewing organizer. It's "Parker-Proof", pretty much. It was fun and easy and I guess I'll make a couple to sell in my Etsy shop. I may sell this one, too and make myself a selvage one. I've been saving them up for a year or 2 now and have a pretty good assortment. I may do a tute, too, if I can find the time.

I also made 16 condiment wallets for my shop, but they're not pictured.

Dresden Quilter said...

What a fabulous idea! I have quite a few projects on the go right now. Thanks for the push to get them done.

roseylittlethings said...

oops didnt mean to add twolinks-typing one handed while holding baby!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Your pillow is darling! Thanks for the extra motivation to finish some projects!

Unknown said...

Love your pillow! What fabric is that!? really cute! Can't wait tot see your bags and curtains! I have curtains for my room picked out in my head . . .

Amy said...

A little accountability goes a long way! Nice job on the pillow!

Barb said...

Love your pillow....

Today i am not able to link since I am giving away a quilt top, come by....and see....I will come by next Friday and link...if that is okay?? www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I like your pillow! I've started redoing my living room pillows too, but haven't blogged about them yet. I linked over to my baby's new quilt, finished yesterday!

Karen said...

I love the pillow! I want to do the same when I get home from helping with my daughter's new baby! I've been here 3 weeks already and I'm waiting for my husband to pick me up on the way home from a job in another state! I haven't gotten ANY sewing done
:(, maybe soon. What is the fabric for the pillow? It's gorgeous. I would love a tutorial-I need new pillows too! And paint, and pictures for the walls. etc....

wishes, true and kind said...

Love the idea of sew-n-tell Fridays and love your pillow! Check out my link for four pillows that I made this week (first ones ever). Wonder how many Fridays I'll actually have anything ready to share....

Nora Mair said...

Your encouragements inspire creativity. Glad Nick's home and congrats on a new home (page).

CJ said...

Cute pillow! I'll be looking for that tutorial. I need some pillows for my couch and some fall color in the room would be great.

Laura said...

Man, I should have brought YOU with me to the fabric store. I spent an hour there and left with two pieces I still find only mediocre. Dang it.

Jenny said...

I love, love, love, love, love that pillow! It would be darling in my living room...and really, I don't think I have enough pillows floating around in there! hehehe ;)

Kristina said...

thanks for the motivation:)

sewtakeahike said...

Nice work on the pillow Amy, love that material! I had every intention of doing the sew n tell and realized I didn't get one project finished this week. I'm working on a mini quilt for a friend's birthday and I'm meeting her for coffee this morning so it's yet to be determined if I will have it done. So um, I guess it would help if I sew instead of type...

sewtakeahike said...

p.s. Thank-you so much for the lesson on permalink, I just had to laugh. and I almost linked to my home page just to be ornery!

calicodaisy said...

The pillow fabric is great. I think home dec is my favorite sewing to do as there are so many possibilities for using specific fabrics. I finished up my first PDF pattern this week (8/26 post), and yesterday I listed a number of items I've finished up over the last week, including sewing and crochet. Thanks for a chance for show-and-tell! -- Michele

Megan Young said...

you have been a sew/project-a-holic. I am very proud of you. Can't wait to be home to see everything with my own eyes. I love the pillow and stretched fabric. Call you monday.

Dizzy Broad said...

I don't sew yet but am happily collecting fabric. I saw your older post about framing fabric and am here to thank you for inspiring me to create my first fabric project with no sewing involved. Thanks! Your blog (as well as the other sewing blogs) is going to make a fabric crafter out of me soon! -gigi

jacquie said...

darling pillow...great fabric too. i had two finishes today...but alas batteries in the camera are dead as a doornail. i love anything to motivate me to finish.

Beth said...

Love your pillow - gorgeous fabric and it looks wonderful with the flange edge :)

sewtakeahike said...

Hi Amy,
I just finished sewing the binding on this morning to "shine". Thanks for having the sew and tell!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the pillow. The fabric is gorgeous!

I love the idea of Sew and Tell Friday. Maybe I'll have something this coming Friday to share! I just finished alot of UFO's in August for a couple of challenges I was in. I posted them on my blog if you would like to see.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...